For several decades, the Wichita Clutch Brand been an industry leader, successfully serving several industries and applications with its reputable and versatile brake and clutch products. At Kor-Pak, our dynamic engineering capabilities and expertise in brake/clutch applications enable us to help you locate the optimal Wichita Clutch product for your unique application.
Wichita Clutch Products & Brands:
Hydraulic Clutches and Brakes
- Long component life, low driven inertia, faster response speed
- Model CBA Clutch Brake, Model CBH Clutch Brake, Model HBA/HBS Brake, Model HC Clutch
- Smooth start-up, variety of high cycle, high speed, low inertia designs available
- Combination Clutch/Brake, Model LK Clutch, Model LKM Clutch, Model LKT Clutch
- Air cooled for light duty, fan cooled for medium duty, torque transmitted is proportional to air pressure and unaffected by centrifugal force
- Combination Clutch/Brake Unit, Model LK Brake, Model LKB Brake, Model LKT Clutch or Brake
Water Cooled Brakes
- Kopper Kool Spring Set Brake or Clutch, AquaMakks Water Cooled Clutches and Brakes, wcbAM Water Cooled Brakes
- Available as KK/SS (spring-applied/air released “passive brake” for emergency engagement OR KK/SS/Dual Acting- air applied active control plus spring applied passive holding/stopping).
- Water Cooled brake with cooling water contained within water jackets
- Copper plates used to dissipate heat and give longer control/life.
- Dry running friction surfaces
- High temperature Viton oil seals, welded construction to eliminate leaks on size 7.0, 9.4, and 12.4
- Available for electric motors from 1/2 HP to 2500 HP that operate at speeds as low as 500 RPM and as high as 3600 RPM. During start-up the fluid coupling will reduce the current draw on your electric motor by 33%
Wichita Clutch Literature