Are your brakes breaking? Need more friction in a clutch situation? Stopping power when you need it isn’t a luxury – it’s a necessity! Safety is no accident, and you shouldn’t delay replacing worn friction components in any of your systems.
Quality friction material, adequately selected according to its attributes, is crucial to daily safe operations of your business. Scan-Pac Manufacturing produces a wide array of products to suit your needs. Read on to learn more.
Fact and Friction
The need for friction materials drives a global market that’s projected to increase at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 5.2% between 2019 and 2023.
The worldwide value will reach nearly $24.7 billion by 2023, according to a recently published report. So, friction is not a slippery slope by any stretch!
By way of definition, friction materials are used in systems that require direct contact pressure between two or more parts to control speed.
Obviously, due to direct contact during use, friction materials wear down and become less effective over time. However, the rate of wear varies. Different materials have predictable capacities for wear and performance under specified conditions (such as temperature range encountered, speed requirements et al.).
Click here for a description of various friction materials and how they are used in various applications.
Since 1976, we have offered a full range of friction products serving numerous industries, including iron and steel, rail, wind power, mining, agriculture, and oil.
Scan-Pac Friction Replacement Parts
We are pleased with our long partnership with industry leader Scan-Pac Manufacturing, featuring non-asbestos friction materials in:
- Cranes, Shovel & Draglines
- Overhead Crane Linings
- Gear Tooth Facings
- Flat Sheet
- Oilfield Frictions
- Green Gripper Woven
- Flexible Molded Linings
- Gemini Frictions
- Forklift Sets
- Plant Frictions
- Paper Mill Frictions
- Off-Road Equipment
Scan-Pac has been ISO 9001-certified for over 16 years. Their commitment to producing the finest quality friction materials available on the market today, at competitive prices, is unwavering. It’s no wonder that Scan-Pac products are so popular with our customer base.
Among their many product offerings, Scan-Pac supplies:
- Clutch and brake applications for agriculture, overhead cranes, and lift trucks
- RF38 materials
- Semi-metallic SM003 for high-energy brakes on cranes
- Brake blocks, draw-works sets, molded cathead linings and gear tooth clutch facings for oil drilling, well service rigs
- RF72 materials
- Blocks, bearings, and “eel slip” wiper blades for the paper industry
- RF11 and RF44 materials for paper mill winding machines that involve constant drag and tension
- Vertical and horizontal center plate liners, equalizer seats, snubbers, and wear plates for the railroad industry
- “Gatke” phenolic laminate materials for severe load and impact needs
- “Yaw” brakes and torque limiters for windmills
- RF72 materials
- Flexible woven materials for winches used in construction, industrial, and marine applications
- GGW, Gemini woven, 2420R materials
- GGW especially good in harsh environments such as workboats and dock handling winches
Scan-Pac’s reputation for high quality at a reasonable cost is their hallmark!
We Are Your Friction Experts
Kor-Pak is a customer-focused, relationship-based company whom you can rely on for expert advice on solving all your friction material puzzles. Scan-Pac produces many materials that could offer solutions for your business.
You need a supplier that understands all aspects of friction material application – from the mundane to the complex. Contact us today and let us help!