YW Series Thruster Drum Brakes
Electro-hydraulic drum brakes can be used extensively for the deceleration of various industrial
applications such as Port Handling, Hoisting, Mining and Metals Processing, Movable Bridges,
Conveyors, and various others.
Main Design Features:
- Interlocking shoe clearance balancing device (patented technology) and shoe
- Automatic self-adjusting device to perpetually equalize brake shoe gap clearance and makes brake adjustment unnecessary. This allows for lining wear compensation and minimizes the frequency of having to replace linings.
- Scalable torque tube makes braking torque visual and quantifiable and allows the end user to adjust torque to their desired amount.
- Non-asbestos rigid molded friction linings are standard, bonded and/or riveted for robust braking.
- Various thruster sizes and strokes are available
- Open(Release) or close (set) limit-switch, which indicates whether the brake is properly released or closed.
- YW.YWB.YWZ5.YWZE.YWZ6.YWZF and YWH series brakes with self-adjust mechanisms for lining wear compensation.
- Lining-wear limit-switch to signal when linings need replacement.
- Lowering Valve available which creates a time delay for the thruster to set.
Relative humidity: -90%.
Voltages:380~400V 50Hz 440~460V 60Hz
Operating duty: intermittent (S3-60%.1200 times per hour) and continuous (S1).
Special requirements can be discussed in order.
Contact a Kor-Pak representative today for more information about our YW Series thruster drum brakes. Kor-Pak offers brake selection assistance, application engineering, as well as brake and actuator reconditioning services.