SIBRE TEXU Dual Caliper Disc Brakes
Service or emergency stop brakes for heavy duty operation and coasting (e.g. hoist brakes in container cranes or for large belt conveyor systems, bucket wheel excavators, stackers, reclaimers). The brakes of the TEXU series are double operating disc brakes which work according to the precept of a conventially drum brake. The braking force will be transmitted to the brake disc on two symmetrically points..
Consequently the tangential forces at the shaft are compensated. The speciality of this brake is the actuating of both callipers with 2 parallel mounted spring tubes in relation with only one concentrically mounted thruster.
By closing the brake, the force of the springs will be evenly distributed by the linkage to both pairs of brake levers.
Now the levers move identical towards the shaft and thereby the separate beared calipper levers will be effected with wedges and rolls.
Furthermore the brake is equipped with a synchronisation linkage, which ensures an evenly spaced out air gap at all 4 linings. The wear of the linings and the consequently increasing air gap will be compensated by our reliable automatic wear compensation.
Benefits for the OEM
- Reduced costs for gear box due to:
- – reduced distance between input and output shaft
- – shorter input shaft
- – smaller bearing of input shaft
- reduced costs fo brake disc, e-tech and control system
Benefits for the operator
- Reduced investment costs
- Reduced operating costs due to reduced size of disc
- Increased efficiency due to reduced inertia of disc
- Increase coeff. of friction = increased torque = increased safety for emergency stops from overspeed
- Safe handling under power failure conditions
Types with braking torque
- 3000 Nm – 8000 Nm TEXU 500-B
- 5500 Nm -11000 Nm TEXU 500-C
- 6500 Nm -14000 Nm TEXU 500-E
- 9500 Nm – 20000 Nm TEXU 710-D
- 10500 Nm – 24000 Nm TEXU 710-E
- 12500 Nm -27000 Nm TEXU 800-E
- 16500 Nm – 30000 Nm TEXU 900-E