TL Series Grinding Mill Caliper Disc Brakes
- TL SERIES TOGGLE LEVER CALIPER BRAKES are the largest known spring applied, hydraulic released caliper brakes in the world. Features include a stackable design allowing 1 to 4 calipers to be mounted in a common frame and spring force compensation by toggle mechanism resulting in constant braking torque. The TL series brake is particularly well-suited to accommodate very high braking torque requirements in the harshest environments.
- TL series brakes are ideally suited for use with equipment such as SAG mills and rock crushers.
- TL series brakes are well suited for use with conveyors requiring high torque braking.
- Caliper shoes are attached with stainless steel shoe pins. These pins Incorporate countersunk lubricating holes, tapped pin-pulling holes, and a pin retention groove.
- Caliper levers incorporate a unique toggle mechanism to compensate for spring force. This ensures constant braking torque.
- The system is powered by a hydraulic power unit incorporating a manifold fitted with two 010 valves (shown in blue) to accommodate brake set, creeping and inching modes.