Kor-Pak provides failsafe caliper disc brakes for holding and emergency stop applications. CX Magnetic Emergency Stop Caliper Disc Brakes are spring-set and magnetically released brakes specifically designed for such applications.
Benefits of CX Magnetic Emergency Caliper Disc Brakes:
- No air or hydraulics makes for a cleaner setup with fewer moving parts
- Failsafe: spring-set, magnetically released
- Fabricated steel mechanism, all pins ground stainless steel, high temperature non-asbestos friction linings
- Magnet is DC tractive type with ensapsulated coil and screw-off release nut with optional switch
- Optional Limit Swtiches to monitor release/set or wear
- Special materials, tests, or finishes as required
- Magnetic Actuator is 100% continuously rated up to 40 degrees celsius ambient
- Airgap dust and drip protected by neoprene gaitor
- Terminal box IP55 enclosure
- Brake release and set times are reduced by separate brake control unit to apply increased power and magnetic force during a short preset start period. Control units are enclosed ventilated drip proof IP22 for DC supplies or totally enclosed IP55 with rectifier for 1 or 3 phase AC supplies.